Toronto Laser Hair Removal Clinic – Unisex
SharpLight Rapid DPC Pro
Toronto Laser/IPL Hair Removal – Unisex
Laser hair removal is a sophisticated laser treatment where a gentle beam of light passes through the skin, disabling the hair follicle through transformed heat. There are many types of laser treatments out on the market, but the more economical and with less downtime is Intense Pulsed Light or IPL. We treat all skin types!
Our brand new SharpLight™ Rapid DPC (Dynamic Pulse Control™) Pro device is this year’s model with the latest technology which can treat all skin types. It’s made in Israel. The name of this machine is most recognized for its effectiveness and affordability among IPL machines in the market. This machine is Health Canada approved.
SharpLight™ innovative and safe med-aesthetic systems offer excellent, lasting hair reduction/removal results with minimum discomfort in a relatively small number of treatment sessions. More specifically, SharpLight™ advanced technologies, based on pulsed light or photoepilation, enable personalized, precise treatments that achieve effective, permanent results. Using these technologies, hair reduction is achieved when the energy is transformed into heat in the active growth follicles, coagulating the follicle and limiting re-growth. The technologies’ high heat power delivers noticeable results in less time – and these results are targeted so as to protect the surrounding skin.
Depending on the condition and the needs of the individual, a series of laser treatments may be required to get the desired result. Some individuals may need just a few sessions to remove permanently unwanted hair while others may require maintenance treatments. Here are more answers to frequently asked questions about laser hair removal:
How does it work?
Dynamic Pulse Control™ (DPC) technology is a powerful light-based technology that effectively targets the hair follicle without harming any other parts of the skin. During the treatment, the heat energy denaturizes the melanin in the hair follicle, and as a result, that follicle cannot grow new hair.
How many treatments will I need for Hair Removal?
You would need 6-10 treatments depending on the area. Some touch ups may be required over a two-year span.
Why are multiple treatments necessary?
About 20-25% of human hair follicles on the body are in the active growth phase at any given time. This is the percentage of hair follicles that can be destroyed in a single treatment session. ln order to eliminate up to 90% of the hair, treatments should be repeated until the desired result is achieved.
When will I see results?
Two weeks following the first treatment you will begin to see results and significantly less hair will grow back. Additionally, with each treatment, the amount of hair regrowth will decrease.
How frequent should I do Hair Removal treatments?
For your safety, there is a recommended 4-6-week interval between treatments.
Are the treatments safe and painless?
SharpLight™ DPC Pro treatments are non-invasive and safe. During the procedure, there may be a slight 1-2 second, momentary tingling sensation that may be felt, but no pain. The treatments leave you with zero downtime so you can get them done between your errands or lunch hour and quickly return to your daily routine.
- Avoid sunbathing, tanning beds, artificial tanning products, waxing, chemical peels or collagen injections for 4-6 weeks prior to the procedure.
- Avoid perfumes, deodorants or any potential irritants in the treatment area before and after treatment.
- Avoid aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements due to increased risk of bleeding.
- Shave 24 hours prior to treatment
- Clean the skin to remove perfumes, cosmetics, and sunscreens
- If prone to cold sores, use medication prior to treatment (if treatment to be done is on the face i.e. Zovirax)
- No Laser/IPL while pregnant
- No contraindicating medication
Post Treatment Care:
- You can return to all activities immediately
- Cold compresses can be applied to the skin immediately after treatment
- Stinging or burning may last up to an hour after your treatment, this is normal
- Redness or swelling is also normal and should subside within 24 hours
- Crusting is rare but may occur and can be treated with Polysporin ®
- Should crusting occur, do not pick or scratch
- Do not shave or exfoliate the treated area 24 hours after the treatment
- Do not apply deodorant for 24 hours after the treatment
- Activities such as swimming and use of hot tubs should be avoided for 24
hours or until any redness or crusting has resolved
- Avoid sun tanning to prevent pigmentation changes and use a minimum of SPF 30 on a daily basis if the treated area is exposed to sunlight
- Patients should return in 4-6 weeks after treatment for additional treatment
- If no further treatment is necessary, the patient should return for re-examination in 9-12 months, or when any new hair has grown in the treatment area.
- Hair reduction is a reasonable expectation where as permanent hair removal is not always possible.
- Final results seen are usually more than 70-90% permanent hair reduction.
- Perifollicular Edema (swelling and redness) is a desired clinical response immediately following the treatment.
- Up to 30 days after the treatment, shedding of the hair may occur.
- You can help release the hair by exfoliating with a washcloth or loofah.
- Pain and discomfort, which can be easily treated with over-the-counter pain medicines.
- To avoid direct sun exposure for at least one week following all laser hair removal procedures.